A Louisiana original, Wow Wee Dipping sauce is most commonly used for dipping boiled crawfish, but can truly be used as an every day condiment. When I first discovered them on Facebook, I was super excited because of those two little words...boiled crawfish. See, they are one of Mr. Everyday's favorite things in the world, and he doesn't get to have them nearly as much as he would like, because they are very hard to find here in Northern Indiana. The Original sauce is tasty to say the least, but now they are making a Spicy version too, which only intrigued me more because my boys like it spicy! So having the option of a little extra heat or not is nice because mama can't take it like they can!
So next was deciding what to make to dip into this new sauce. Oh how I wish it could have been boiled crawfish. Mr. Everyday would have been so surprised. But alas, I had to think of something else. Then I remembered that we had an entire bag of something else he loves in the freezer...fresh caught catfish! In fact, catfish we had caught with our very own hands over this past summer in a family pond! I knew I had found a match made in heaven. Forget frozen fish sticks, these hand battered fish nuggets are something your kids will flip for. And I will be totally honest, while this sauce was perfect for this fish, I served steak fries alongside, and found myself dipping those into Wow Wee too! This sauce goes so well with everything from fish, to chicken to fries...your only limit is your imagination. It has a delicious, unique flavor, and even the spicy isn't too over powering. Alex said it was "just right" for his young palate. I also like the fact that while it has deep flavor, it's not overpowering and does not hide the flavor of whatever you are dipping into it. It still allows the flavor of the food to shine through. It only highlights and compliments!
Wow Wee can mainly be found in grocery stores in Central and Southern Louisiana; and you can also order online here. But don't worry, you aren't going to have to do that. Well, at least one of you isn't going to have to. The folks at Wow Wee have been kind enough to offer 2 bottles to one lucky winner! Just scroll down for the giveaway! Please pay it forward though. Visit them on Facebook, browse their site, and if you don't win, consider ordering some too!
I'm proud to say we are a family of dippers, and I'm so happy we have a new favorite in our fridge. Wow wee...it sure is good!
Cajun Catfish Nuggets
10-12 medium catfish fillets, patted dry and cut into bite size pieces
2 c. flour
2 c. beer or water
2 TBS Cajun seasoning
Salt to taste
Wow Wee Dipping Sauce
In a large bowl place fish pieces and add Cajun seasoning. Mix well. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Pour 2 inches of vegetable oil in electric skillet and heat to 350. In another large bowl whisk together flour and beer until well combined. Working in small batches coat fish in batter and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and season with salt. Serve with dipping sauce.
Fish at Very Good Recipes
1. This contest is open to US Residents 18 and older ONLY.
2. The winner will be chosen by Random.org
3. The winner will be notified by email and Facebook. He/she will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. I will then pass on your address to the sponsor for shipping.
4. When leaving comments for entries, they MUST BE SEPARATE ones AND include an email address so it's easy for me to find the winner. If entries are together, it will only count as (1) and if no email, entry will not be considered.
5. If any of the extra entries are items you are already doing, please just remind me!
6. Contest Ends: January 17, 2013 12 am EST
One Lucky Winner Will Receive:
(2) Bottles Wow Wee Dipping Sauce
1.Become a fan of Wow Wee Dipping Sauce on Facebook. Leave a comment when you have.
1. Become an EMM Facebook fan. Leave a comment when you have.
2. Follow EMM on Twitter. Leave a comment when you are.
3. Follow me on Pinterest and leave a comment.
4. Follow me on GFC, Networked Blogs or Linky Tools...all on homepage, left hand side. Leave a comment when you have.
That makes up to 5 entries per person!!!