Everyday Mom's Meals: I'm So Honored...
_____

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm So Honored...

I have once again been recognized by a peer in the blogging/foodie community. I can never put into words how much it means to have others who do what I do say "Wow, you do a great job. I respect and love your blog." It's like when movie stars say "I'm so honored to be nominated in this category w/ such great people." That's how I feel each time I am lucky enough to win an award. This time Carrie from Carrie's Experimental Kitchen as bestowed upon me a beautiful award and I thank her from the bottom of my heart! Now I must take care of a few items in order to pass this award on to 5 more blogs that I love. (This part is fun! I love getting to know you questions!!)



Describe yourself in 7 words~
1. Mother
2. Wife
3. Daughter
4. Christian
5. Honest
6. Loyal
7. Considerate

What keeps you up at night?
Oh wow. Well, I've always been a little bit of an insomniac/night owl. Plus I'm a light sleeper, so the smallest thing can wake me up; and ever since Alex was born, I've always slept w/ one ear open in case he needs me. 

 Who would you like to be?
I wouldn't necessarily want to be someone else, I just want to be a better me. I like me, but I think each day is a chance for personal growth. There are things about me that I know I would improve upon, and I would like to strive for those more than anything.

What scares you?
Death. It's not that I am afraid of the after life. I know I will walk beside my Lord in the Kingdom of heaven. I fear death for myself and for those I love the most. I fear it for them b/c living on this Earth w/o them would be so hard and I would miss them so much. And even more so I fear it for myself b/c I am not done living yet. There is so much more I have to do and SO much I have to live for. My son is my life and the thought of not being here to watch him grow into the fantastic person  I know he will be is something I can't even fathom.

What are the best and worst things about blogging?
The best things about blogging are~
The wonderful world of people it's opened up to me. I truly have found a second family through EMM and am incredibly thankful for all of you. 

Another great thing about blogging is the sense of accomplishment I feel every day. A feeling of success was something I needed in my life at the point I began blogging and it's given me that and so much more.

The worst thing about blogging is time management! I can get lost in blogging, looking at other blogs, connecting on Facebook and Twitter. I have to force myself to set aside a certain amount of time to do so, or the laundry would pile up!!

What is the last website you looked at? 
Facebook of course! (See this is the time issue we were discussing)

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My temper. I won't hide the fact I have a short fuse. I try really hard to keep it in check, but sometimes it gets the best of me. It's something I work on every single day of my life and I am always aware of. 

Slankets, yes or no/?
Not for myself, but since my husband and child own "Snuggies" I wouldn't be surprised if one showed up in my house!

Tell us something about the person who tagged you~
Carrie is a GREAT blogger friend. So supportive and kind. Her blog is amazing and she always has something delicious and beautiful cooking in her kitchen. 

Now for those I'm passing this onto. I could have picked many more, but if I don't stop at 5, I could go on all day!


2. Debi from Recipes For My Boys

3. Denise from The Bread Fairy

4. Sheryl from Lady Behind The Curtain

No comments: