Everyday Mom's Meals: And What We Had With The Soup
_____

Friday, February 10, 2012

And What We Had With The Soup

Yesterday I shared w/ you the soup I made to make my Monkey feel better. Today I'm posting half of the other half of that meal. The soup was just a starter, and along side I made 2 of his other favorite things: pot stickers and rice. I will admit, I take help from the store when it comes to the pot stickers. I get them right in the freezer section and we love them. I'm sure I could learn how to make them from scratch, but to be honest w/ you, I don't want to. LOL Seriously though, I think sometimes we all need to take help where we can, and make our lives just a bit easier. And if that means frozen pot stickers for us, I'm okay w/ that! Now along side those, I though a teriyaki rice would be perfect, and that couldn't have been easier. The pot stickers take about 10 minutes to cook, and w/ this not taking much longer, I can have a simple yet yummy supper on the table in no time. And that's what this every day mom is all about, especially when her Monkey is under the weather!

Teriyaki Rice
4 TBS olive oil
1/4 c. diced white onion
1/4 c. shredded carrot (I buy mine pre shredded in the produce section)
1 green onion, chopped, extra for garnish
4 c. cooked rice
Teriyaki Sauce to taste

In a large skillet, or wok, heat oil on medium heat. Saute onions and carrots until tender. Add rice and teriyaki sauce until rice is heated through. Stir in green onions and garnish w/ extra.


Shared on The Country Cook Feb. 10, 2012
Rice at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

3 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

delicious side... takes bery little time to make something just a bit special!

Dave

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious and so easy thx for sharing such great recipes ..was wondering if you have one for egg fried rice??

Ruth

Krista said...

Hi Ruth! I'm glad you enjoy the recipes! Yes, I have one for Easy Fried Rice! Here is the link:
http://everydaymomsmeals.blogspot.com/2011/08/around-world.html

Enjoy!!