Everyday Mom's Meals: Lime Is Sublime
_____

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lime Is Sublime

Or at least according to my "boys" it is. They LOVE lime! Limeade, lime tortilla chips, lime salsa, wedges in their water you name it and they love it. They are the 2 in the restaurant adding lime to salsa even when it doesn't have any in it. They call it "doctoring" it up! (Oh, and the "big" boy--he loves extra lime in his margaritas too!) I like lime, but I'm definitely more of a lemon girl. In fact, and this is our secret, the recipe I use for salsa originally called for lime and I switched it out for it's yellow cousin faster than you can spell lime!!! I'm just more selective about what I enjoy the flavor with. So when I saw this recipes I knew it was something all of us could enjoy. Plus, it called for bone in chicken breasts, which I don't use a lot, but like to b/c they are almost always on sale some where and very economical. (To give you an idea, I made one per person b/c they were very large, and I got them for $1.00/lb, so the package of 3 was $3.08.) Letting these marinate for as long as possible is the key. The acid in the lime and vinegar break down the chicken a little bit making it super tender. Not to mention citrus is famous for keeping poultry moist! The flavors soak into the skin and it gets super crispy making it my favorite part :) So, which do you prefer~lime, lemon or both?

Garlic Lime Chicken 
3 bone in chicken breasts
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. lime juice
1/8 c. white vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
Canola Oil

Mix juice, vinegar, and seasoning. Pour over chicken. Marinade for 8 hours or overnight. When ready, brown chicken in canola oil on both sides. Transfer to greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
*NOTES* If there are any large pieces of garlic on the chicken, discard before browning to avoid burning. I am sure this would taste great on the grill too, with any cut of chicken.

~Join me for Tasty Tuesday on Formula Mom~





Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Feb. 7, 2012
Shared on Celebrating Family Feb. 7, 2012
Shared on Chef in Training Feb. 7, 2012
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Feb. 8, 2012
Shared on This Chick Cooks Feb. 8, 2012
Shared on It's A Keeper Feb. 9, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Feb. 9, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Feb. 10, 2012
Shared on Six Sisters' Stuff Feb. 12, 2012

7 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa's Dinnertime Dish said...

This chicken sounds fabulous, Krista! I definitely think it would be great on the grill. I'm going to pin this and give it a try!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

DELICIOUS and terrific photo, makes the chicken look as moist as the recipe sounds!

Dave

Heather McMullin said...

Lime is sublime!!!!

-Heather
www.made-famous-by.com

Rustown Mom said...

Garlic and lime together - how can you go wrong? Can't wait to try this one - thanks!

Unknown said...

Such a delicious way to prepare chicken. Thanks for linking up at Weekend Potluck!

Miz Helen said...

Krista,
We are going to love this recipe, it looks delicious! Hope you have a fabulous week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Janie said...

That has my mouth watering! I love garlic chicken and the lime has to be a great summery touch!

Stopping by from TTT