Everyday Mom's Meals: Church Supper #25
_____

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Church Supper #25

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!! I hope wherever you're watching the BIG game, you have some fun in store. I have to admit, we're kind of keeping it low key this year. Last year I put out a huge spread and we partied down b/c our Steelers were playing; but this year, I have to admit, I'm just not in the spirit that much. It's not only b/c my team didn't make it, or for that matter, my "2nd" team, (Go Saints), I guess it's more so the teams that did. If you are a Pats and/or Giants fan, then I'm happy for you, but I'm not. Now normally, if my team wasn't in it, I might root for the underdog (like the last time these 2 teams met, I was happy for the Giants) but since there really isn't one this year I'm just not that excited. So as much as a football fanatic I am, I think this year I will probably enjoy the commercials just as much as the game, maybe more! This week for Church Supper, I was thinking we could share all of our favorite party foods, and have our won Super Bowl party right here! Link up some great appetizers, cocktails, sweets, whatever you would love to have on your party table! Please remember I wish you God's blessings all week long!
~Super Bowls of the past 2011~


Rules:

1. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you like!

2. Link up to your ACTUAL recipe, not just your homepage. Much easier to find you that way!

3. Include a link back to EMM on your recipe post or grab my button!

4. Leave comments so I can visit you back!

5. Visit at least 2 other sites and tell them you joined them at my Church Supper!

6. Follow my blog here w/ GFC and on Facebook :)

6 comments:

My Kitchen Apron said...

Thanks for hosting...and, just so you feel better, I am always in it for the commercials! :)

Becki's Whole Life said...

Thanks for hosting. I linked up my chicken wings - enjoy your low key super bowl:--)

Colleen said...

I didn't even know you all were Steeler's fans! That's my family's team as well. And I feel the same way.. just not into it. Usually I can cheer for one of the teams (like you, the underdog) but I have absolutely no interest in this one. I'm keeping it so low key that I'm not even watching. LOL

Lisa @ Lisa's Dinnertime Dish said...

Thanks for hosting, Krista! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Thanks for hosting. I have a crock pot of this soup working right now fro tonight's game, so wanted to share. The alcohol cooks out, so the soup is non-alcoholic, but the hops and herbs in the beer adds a very distinctive taste!

And plenty of veggies.

Dave

Heidi Zapolski {Mommy Made From Scratch} said...

Thanks for hosting this! Although I'm one of the Steelers least favorite fans since the Bengals are one of my teams, I can still relate on this year's Super Bowl not being all that exciting. I am rooting for the Giants though because I'm a die hard Colts fan and we pretty much despise the Patriots. Thanks again and go Giants!