Everyday Mom's Meals: Creamy Side Dish
_____

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Creamy Side Dish

When I find recipes in magazines that I want to try, I tend to tear them out, fold them up, stick them in my recipe box~ and inevitably forget about them. (Hence why I love Pinterest so much! Everything I can find on the web, in one spot, easy to find!) Then a glimmer of a memory will cross my mind "wait, didn't I tear something out like that" and I will go dig through the recipe box until I find what I remembered. However, this time, it was actually a recipe I tore out weeks ago, and was just waiting for the right dish to serve it with. It was one of those things I knew I wanted to make but didn't want to serve it w/ just any old thing. So when I decided to try the Italian Beef Sammies I shared w/ you yesterday I knew the moment had come. After all, when 2 recipes both have "Italian" in the title, aren't they destined to go well together? I think so! These are a great alternative to the buttered egg noodles many of us love so much. They were tasty w/ the sandwiches, but would also be delicious w/ chicken or even as a main dish if you doubled the recipe! There is now one less "scrap" recipe in the box!!

Creamy Italian Noodles from Quick Cooking Jan/Feb 2001
8 oz. egg noodles
2 1/4 tsp Italian Dressing Mix ( from a packet)
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
Parsley, for garnish

Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Return to hot pot. Toss w/ butter. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Garnish w/ parsley. Serve immediately.


Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Feb. 29, 2012
Shared on This Chick Cooks Feb. 29, 2012
Shared on Newlyweds Blog Feb. 29, 2012
Shared on It's A Keeper Mar. 1, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Mar. 1, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Mar. 2, 2012
Pasta at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Found your link over at "This Chick Cooks" linky party today where I also shared a pasta recipe -- too funny (our links are right next to each other). :) Your recipe looks easy and tasty! Thanks for sharing,

Lisa

Lillian Child said...

I love quick and easy, and tasty is definitely a MUST. Thanks for sharing ... will be trying this side dish soon!

Miz Helen said...

I just love a simple recipe like this Krista. This is comfort food for me. Hope you have a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen