Everyday Mom's Meals: 2 for 1 Special
_____

Monday, October 20, 2014

2 for 1 Special

Yep, that's right. If you are a bargain hunter like me, you're going to be so happy you dropped by today. Why? Because I'm running a 2 for 1 special on EMM today. You will walk away with two recipes for the price of 1. (That's just a saying. Don't worry, I'm not charging you for either.) 

I guess to be accurate, one part isn't really a recipe, but more of an idea that you can take and run with...customizing them to fit your family tastes. But they are definitely a great idea for a simple supper, when life is too busy to chew, let alone cook. Or for a kid's birthday party...both to eat, and for an activity to keep them busy! 

But the second part is definitely a recipe, that I think could easily become a go-to for you like it is for me. I don't know about you, but the variety of canned/jarred pizza sauce in the stores is kind of underwhelming to me. I've tried several, and each one seems to be missing a little something, and doesn't quite taste "right." So, I decided it was time to attempt to make my own, but in true EMM style, it couldn't be complicated or fussy! Easy is the name of the game, and if I'm making something fun for dinner, I don't need any part of it ruining it by being too time consuming.

So here is the answer. A simple, ready in about 5 minutes, homemade pizza sauce that has the exact flavor I've been looking for; which can then be used to make some adorable mini pizzas the kids (And who are we kidding? The adults too!) will love. Toss a salad together, and dinner is done! Heck, take a few minutes in the morning and mix together the sauce, put it in the fridge, and that's one less step you have when you come home.

I'm happy to give you easy recipes, but I get really excited when I can double up and give you more "bang for your buck!" Since it's Monday, and I know you were swearing at the alarm clock this morning, why not treat yourself to knowing supper could be as easy as this! 

English Muffin Pizzas
English muffins, halved
Pepperoni
Canned Mushrooms
Mozzarella Cheese
 Pizza Sauce

Sauce:
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 ( 6 oz.) can tomato paste
1 TBS dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika

For sauce, combine all ingredients and stir well, until smooth. Preheat oven to 375. Lay opened English muffins on large baking sheet. Spread with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and top with pepperoni and mushrooms. Bake for 15 minutes until cheese melts and edges are crispy. *NOTE* This was enough sauce to make 12 halves, and freeze the rest. 





Shared on The Country Cook Oct. 24, 2014

No comments: