Everyday Mom's Meals: Slow Cooker Summer Series Day 5
_____

Friday, June 13, 2014

Slow Cooker Summer Series Day 5

Whew, what a fun week it's been here on EMM. Did you catch all the amazing recipes for your slow cooker this summer? There were some great ones, both from me, and my fabulous blogger friends, so if you missed any, be sure to go check them out! 

Personally, I think I've saved the best for last. No summer time picnic or barbecue is complete without a good ole' potato salad. And when my friend told me she had a great recipe for one for the Crock Pot, well, let's just say I thought she was crazy. Why? Because when she told me, I assumed she meant a recipe for a warm potato salad; and then she revealed it was indeed a cold one. No way! Yep, it's true!

I think this is a great recipe because you could easily do the first part, preparing the potatoes the day before, and then finish it off the day of your party. I love recipes that allow me to do some prep work before hand, leading to a more stress free cook!

If you love deviled eggs as much as we do, you have to make this. Seriously, go get the ingredients today if you don't have them. This summer time staple is like if potato salad and deviled eggs got married and had a baby. No joke! All the flavors are there, perfectly blended together. 

Potato salad and cook-outs go together like lemonade and sunshine. And now, you can make this classic a little easier by putting your slow cooker to work. I would have never guessed I could do this, and am so excited to share my discovery with all of you!

Slow Cooker Deviled Egg Potato Salad Inspired By Get Crocked
10 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes and rinsed well
1/2 c. Italian Dressing
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
Water
3 kosher dill spears, diced
2 green onions, finely chopped
6 hard boiled eggs, chopped, reserve a few for garnish
3/4 c. mayo
2 TBS mustard
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place potatoes in Crock Pot. Add Italian dressing and vinegar. Stir. Add enough water to cover potatoes. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Drain well. Set in fridge to cool. When cool, add eggs, pickles and green onions. Toss to combine. In a small bowl combine mayo, mustard, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir. Pour over potato mixture. Stir to coat well. Set in fridge to chill until serving, at least an hour. Garnish with extra egg.






Shared on The Country Cook June 13, 2014




1 comment:

Tracey said...

This looks exactly like the potato salad my father used to make many years ago. I've tried to replicate it without success. Will definitely give your recipe a try. Thanks so much for giving me good memories. :)