Everyday Mom's Meals: Gooseberry Patch... Christmas Morning Rush
_____

Friday, December 2, 2011

Gooseberry Patch... Christmas Morning Rush

I have to admit, on Christmas morning, making breakfast is the last thing on my mind. See, I'm still like a 5 year old when it comes to that day. I'm the mom who doesn't sleep b/c I'm so excited, while my child is dreaming away. I'm the mom who is the first one up, and it is EARLY! We're talking before the chickens, while it's still dark! See, that's how it always was growing up, and even now that I'm 30 I can't change! But for my mom, making breakfast wasn't ever high on her priority list either--we were too busy opening presents for hours on end! And for us, well, we get up, open everything, and then pack up the car and head to my parents for "round 2". I usually make sure Alex has a little something in his tummy (I might be excited, but I'm still a mom) but it's something quick, easy and usually can be eaten in the car! But this year...I have a plan! This is the 2nd recipe I decided to review from Gooseberry Patch Quick and Easy Christmas, and I am SO glad I did! These will make the perfect breakfast for everyone Christmas morning! I actually "tested" these one night as an after Taekwondo snack, and they were delicious, reminding us a mix between a mini elephant ear (Alex's favorite fair treat) and a cinnamon roll. They were the perfect snack after a hard work out, and even reheated as the night went on, still super yummy. So that got me to thinking. I was already planning on baking them Christmas morning, but why not bake them the night before (after all, I'm the one who doesn't sleep) and then pack them up to take to mom's and reheat them there? I think it's a pretty ingenious plan, if I do say so myself. So if you are in a rush Christmas morning, but still want to put something special on the breakfast table, try this easy, yet delectable treat!

CONTEST NOW CLOSED

Cinnamon Biscuits
2 (8-count) cans Grands biscuits
2 c. sugar
2 TBS plus 2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar until well combined. Separate biscuits and dip in butter. Roll in cinnamon/sugar until well coated. Pat mixture into biscuit a little using your fingers. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.

*NOTE* I made these twice. The first time we ate them right out of the oven. The next I made them the night before and reheated them. They were fantastic both ways!





Shared on Something Swanky Dec. 2, 2011
Shared on The Country Cook Dec. 2, 2011
Shared on Home Savvy Dec. 5, 2011
Shared on Chef in Training Dec. 6, 2011
Shared on Celebrating Family Dec. 6, 2011
Shared on Naptime Creations Dec. 6, 2011
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Dec. 6, 2011
Shared on Gooseberry Patch Jan. 18, 2012
 

5 comments:

carolinaheartstrings said...

This looks delicious and easy. Just what I am all about this time of year. Come visit. We have an easy terrific hot sausage dip and we are also having a giveaway from the Shabby Apple. A beautiful party dress. Register to win!

StillyBee said...

Looks delish!! Will definitely try this soon.. thx!

Sarah @ Homestyle Cooking Around The World said...

This looks so yummy- my whole family will love these! Such a quick & easy recipe!

Karen | Divine Dinner Party said...

Hi Krista! I'm in love with this simple recipe. I'm so excited to try this next week. Hope you're having a great day!

patti keil said...

I can't wait to make these...my girls love cinnamon biscuits!

Pattikaye5258@yahoo.com