Everyday Mom's Meals: Bark For Under The Tree
_____

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bark For Under The Tree

When I was a teenager, my best friend's mother made the best Christmas candy assortment tins ever! Each year she would show up at our house bearing this beautiful tin filled w/ all sorts of holiday sweets; and it was something my family and I looked forward to each year. Now after the first couple times, she learned I had a favorite part of her famous tin, and started making extra of that candy, for only me! After that, the tin would arrive and along side would be a Ziploc bag filled w/ my "stash"....of peppermint bark! To be honest, I had never had it until hers, and was instantly hooked. I love all things peppermint, especially at Christmas time. Since then our friendship has faded, and I no longer receive my annual tin of goodies; so you can imagine my extreme happiness when I found this oh so simple recipe in Gooseberry Patch's Quick and Easy Christmas. (You remember that one....it's where the Cinnamon Biscuits and Dill Pickle Dip came from.) I haven't made many candy recipes before, but I knew this one I could handle w/o any trouble. Now I can become the "cool mom" w/ the Christmas tin of goodies everyone looks forward to!

Peppermint Bark
2 12 oz. bags white chocolate chips
1 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 c. crushed candy canes ( about 6)

Line a baking sheet w/ parchment paper. In a microwavable bowl, heat chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir and heat another 30 seconds. (Mine actually took an additional 30 seconds, for a total of 1:30 minutes). Add extract and crushed candy. Stir well. Spread on prepared baking sheet and refrigerate 2 hours. Break into small pieces and store in airtight container.



Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Dec. 13, 2011
Shared on Naptime Creations Dec. 13, 2011
Shared on This Chick Cooks Dec. 14, 2011
Shared on Something Swanky Dec. 15, 2011
Shared on Gooseberry Patch Dec. 15, 2011
Shared on The Country Cook Dec. 16, 2011
Candy at Very Good Recipes

3 comments:

NanAppetit said...

Looks good!

carolinaheartstrings said...

That looks fantastic. I love peppermint this time of year too. Just seems to fit. Be sure to pop over today. We have an awesome giveaway just in time for Christmas. Register to win an autographed book!

Teena said...

Looks great! Thanks for sharing :)