Everyday Mom's Meals: Holiday Potatoes
_____

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Potatoes


I am always on the lookout for recipes that will make good "take with" dishes to holiday parties, family gatherings and covered dish meals. We are all so busy during the month of December (and really the beginning of January) too, I'm all about dishes that allow me to enjoy myself during the holidays and not be stuck in the kitchen missing all the festivities. If we are entertaining, I try to do a lot of the work ahead of time to avoid that such scenario, but inevitably, there are still things to finish at the last minute. Or, if I am supposed to take dishes w/ us somewhere, I love things that can be done before we leave the house, and not have to finish upon arriving. I don't think that is very fair to the host, and I enjoy saying "Here is ____, it's all done!" So when I saw these potatoes I knew they would be perfect for just that. They can cook all day while I get other things done, and when we're ready to leave I can put them in a bowl and be on our way. Or, if we need to be somewhere all day, I can make them overnight and have them waiting on me! Dishes like this really take some of the stress out of the hustle and bustle of the holiday, and oh yeah, they taste DELICIOUS too! So if you need a little break, let your crock pot give you a gift this Christmas season.


Crockpot Roasted Potatoes
6 medium potatoes, scrubbed and sliced (I cut each potato in half and then made "half moons". I also chose to leave the skin on)
1/4 c. water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried minced onion or onion powder
1/2 tsp dill weed
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp dried parsley
4 TBS butter, diced

Place potatoes in crock pot. Pour water in and add all seasonings. Stir to combine. Put butter on top. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.


Pin It

No comments: