Everyday Mom's Meals: Party Or Dinner
_____

Monday, March 18, 2013

Party Or Dinner

Lately I've been finding myself stumbling up on more and more recipes that would be perfect for a party, made for a party in fact...but there's one problem. I don't have a party on our calendar in sight. I know many of you entertain or get entertained on a weekly basis, but that just doesn't happen around here. Special occasions, holidays, birthdays...that's when they party platters come out in my house, but I refuse to wait for some of these yummy things I'm finding, so I simply take the recipe, make more of it, add somethings on the side...and we've got ourselves a new meal idea. And today's recipe is the perfect example of that.

Now, if you are need of a party idea, I'm telling you, your guests will flip for these! A taco they can eat with one hand, and probably in one bite!! All the flavors they love of a taco bar, but in an easy to handle tiny package. Not to mention, they are as cute as all get out. When I first saw this idea on Pinterest, it was actually before the holiday party season in our house, and yep, I forgot about them. It wasn't until a few weeks ago when I was going through some of my "pins" looking for inspiration I happened to find them once again and then kick myself for not including them in any one of many get togethers I could have. But oh well...these things happen, and I still got a new, fun weeknight dinner out of it...one that I know your kids will love as much as mine did! 

So if it's a quick Tuesday night supper or a last minute party treat you're looking for, search no further. EMM has you covered! 

Mini Taco Bites
1 bag Scoops tortilla chips
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 c. water
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped black olives
1 (1.1 oz) packet taco seasoning
1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream, optional

In a large skillet brown beef. Drain if necessary. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Add olives and tomatoes. Stir until well combined. Add cheese and stir until melted. Allow to cook 5-7 minutes until mixture is thick and flavors develop. Carefully fill chips with beef mixture and top with sour cream.
*NOTE* This made enough for about 30 for us, 10 each, for a meal. Plus I had some extra filling leftover. 


Shared on Make Ahead Meals Mar. 18, 2013
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Mar. 19, 2013
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Mar. 20, 2013
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Mar. 21, 2013
Shared on The Country Cook Mar. 22, 2013

4 comments:

Andi said...

I am pinning these. They are so cute and what a great idea. Thanks, andi thewednesdaybaker

Peggy G. said...

These are definitely too cute!

DIY Vintage Chic said...

Yummy! I love this idea! Found you on Lady Behind the Curtain.

Krista said...

Thanks for your kind words, ladies. And @Becca, thanks for stopping by!!!