Everyday Mom's Meals: Just In Time
_____

Friday, March 15, 2013

Just In Time

A couple weeks ago when I announced that I would only be posting 3 days a week, I could have never imagined the level of support and understanding I would get from my EMM family; and for that I thank all of you. You embraced this new chapter of the blog, and respected the fact I needed to cut back a bit for the good of my family. After the wonderful response and feed back I received, I thought the hard part of this change was over. But I didn't think about one thing: Making sure specific recipes are posted before certain days on the calendar. Hence why I'm literally sneaking this one in before St. Patty's Day weekend.

As I was scheduling things this was going to go live on March 22nd...sure these would taste just as great on March 23rd, but I meant for them to be an idea for everyone's favorite green holiday! A yummy chocolate treat with a nod to St. Patrick's Day lovers everywhere!

To be honest, if you are a chocolate and mint fiend like I am...you won't care what day of the year you're eating these, as long as someone doesn't try to take them away. They are super easy, and packed full of minty flavor. They are like combining one of everyone's favorite after dinner mints with chewy brownies, a match made in heaven.

If by chance you aren't reading this until after Sunday, then sure, wait another year before making them...but I don't suggest that. In fact, if I were you I would buy the ingredients today!

Creme De Menthe Brownies From Andes
1 (18.3 oz.) family size boxed brownie mix
2 eggs
1/4 c. water
2/3 c. vegetable oil
*This is what my mix called for. Check your box*
1 (10 oz.) package Creme De Menthe Chips (found in baking aisle)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom of 9x13 pan. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Bake for 24-26 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Pour chips over hot brownies. Let sit 2-3 minutes. Using a spatula or knife, spread around until evenly topped. Allow to cool 10 minutes and then chill to set. Keep refrigerated.



Shared on The Country Cook Mar. 15, 2013
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Mar. 18, 2013

2 comments:

Mary Neumann said...

Hi Krista,

Great recipe share! I can't wait to try these brownies! Pinning! I love your blog...so glad you stopped by to say hello on my blog FB page - Sweet Little Bluebird. :) Looking forward to checking out your great recipes and seeing what share next! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Krista said...

Thank you so so much!!!