Everyday Mom's Meals: Frugal and Yummy
_____

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Frugal and Yummy

When I find a new helpful website or blog, I become a woman possessed. I find myself going to it over and over b/c I can't get enough info from it. I feel like I have a little secret weapon, but not one I want to hide away. I want to share it everyone I know and shout "read this"!!!! That is exactly how I felt the day I first heard about Frugal Fort Wayne on the news. I found myself immediately typing the URL into my browser to see what is was all about and if there was anything I could share.....and did I stumble upon a gold mine! This blog was created by 2 sisters here in Fort Wayne who like to save money as much as I do and are great at doing so! Each day they share a tip, or sometimes several, of things we can do around the city on a budget, tricks to save money at home, coupons, etc. These ladies are a wealth of information! And wouldn't you know, they even had a recipe that I couldn't wait to post here, and were kind enough to allow me to do so. Microwave popcorn can get pretty pricey, especially when you're having as many movie nights as we do!! This version is cost effective and I'm guessing will taste just as good, if not better b/c it's "homemade". So for your next movie night, grab a brown paper bag and see what fun you can have!

Microwave Popcorn

Measure 1/4 c. popcorn kernels into a brown lunch bag. If desired, add 1 tsp butter. Tightly roll down the top of the sack just enough to close the bag. Put it in the microwave, folded side up, for 2.5 minutes. Salt (if wanted) and enjoy!!

5 comments:

Carla said...

Let us know how the "folding" of the bag goes. This sounds great, but I hope the bag stays folded or the microwave will be filled with popcorn kernels. Sure wish I had some kind of a crimper that didn't use metal staples.

Krista said...

The ladies said as long as you fold it down tightly it stays closed. And I plan on watching it the first time to see how it goes too....in case of that very thing:)

Unknown said...

This sounds so cool.....I am going to have to try it out.....this way I could have microwave popcorn without all the butter and salt everyone else wants. Thank you!

Krista said...

Dee- You're welcome. Thanks for checking out the blog:)

Frugal Fort Wayne said...

Krista,
Thanks for the nice post about us! I have been reading some of your posts and everything looks really yummy!