Everyday Mom's Meals: 50 Cent Investment
_____

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

50 Cent Investment

One of my favorite places to stop, stroll and basically kill some time is our local Half Price Books. They have the best selection of used books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, records, comic books, etc. It's one of those places all 3 of us can go and get lost for hours. And one of my favorite things to buy while visiting is old issues of Taste of Home magazine. I don't care if the recipes are a month, or even a year old, they are new to me, and for $.50 each, who can beat it! The last issues I purchased was from January/February 2009 and it provided me w/ a great breakfast or brunch idea. I like getting up on Sunday mornings and fixing something special for my boys, pancakes or cinnamon rolls, but I enjoy sleeping in just as much! So how great is it that I could get up, whip this together and then lay back down while the oven does all the work, and I take all the glory!!

Baked Blueberry Pancakes

2 c. pancake mix
1 1/2 c. fat-free milk
1 egg
1 TBS canola oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, mil, egg, oil and cinnamon just until blended. (Batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries. Spread into a greased 10 x 5 baking pan. Bake @ 400ยบ for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

*Note* If using frozen berries, do not thaw to avoid discoloration of batter

Blueberry on FoodistaBlueberry

1 comment:

MamaMonki said...

Stopping by from Frugal Fort Wayne - loved the baked oatmeal idea. Definitely going to try that out next week.