Everyday Mom's Meals: A Childhood Favorite
_____

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Childhood Favorite

No, not another one of mine. This one is from Adam's past. Since we've been married ( 8 years this May) there have been a few dishes Adam asked me to make b/c he loved them as a kid: beef stroganoff, goulash, raspberry pie, but this was the first. He enjoyed this so much as a child, and I know his sister did too, so apparently, it was a Marshall house staple. For me, I don't really remember having it as a kid, I'm not saying I didn't, I just don't recall it w/ such enthusiasm as he does. When I went looking for a recipe that would suit him, I tried to find one w/ as many flavors as he could remember. I believe I found this in a Taste of Home magazine not long after we were married. The addition of bread crumbs is something Adam never had on his "classic" version, so most of the time I omit them- especially if there are going to be leftovers, b/c they tend to get a little soggy. So tonight Adam gets to relive a little piece of his formative years, in a casserole of course.

Tuna Noodle Casserole
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
1 c. milk
2 c. frozen peas
2 (12 oz.) cans tuna in water- drained
1 lb. egg noodles, cooked and drained

Stir soup, milk, peas, tuna and noodles together. Add to casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes at 400ยบ.


Shared on Gooseberry Patch Nov. 9, 2011
Casseroles at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

No comments: