Everyday Mom's Meals: We're Pretending
_____

Monday, March 14, 2011

We're Pretending

It's cloudy, cold and kind of dismal outside today. But inside? Well, we are going to act like it's 80º, sunny, the pool is open and the grill is on! And the best way I know to do this is w/ a summer time meal that gives us the illusion of warm nights and outdoor picnics. I'm actually combining a former recipe (July 4, 2010) w/ a new technique for tonight's dinner. We love port-a-pit chicken, but the best way to do that is on the outdoor grill, and while Adam will grill in the dead of winter, I prefer not to freeze while cooking:) So the compromise is using the same sauce I would but doing it from the comfort of my warm kitchen, which will be even warmer b/c of the use of the oven! Once again I turned to the Internet and found a technique I believe will work perfectly on howtocookmeat.com. Along w/ our favorite pasta salad and baked beans....spread out the blankets....get the bug spray.....pour the lemonade.....we're doing it summer style tonight!

How To Roast (Bake) Chicken Legs

1. Dry the chicken w/ paper towels. Trim any yellow foot skin off. Drying the meat allows any sauce or seasonings to adhere to meat.

2. Apply seasonings- B/c of the sauce, I will only be using salt and pepper

3. Heat oven to 450º. Put the chicken in a roasting pan, w/ space between each drumstick

4. Brush on sauce, coating evenly.

5. Roast until chicken reaches 160º internal temperature. I'm going to guess this will take about 20-25 minutes, maybe longer b/c of basting every 10 minutes w/ sauce.

No comments: