Everyday Mom's Meals: Pie For Breakfast
_____

Friday, March 18, 2011

Pie For Breakfast

Yep, I said it. And I'm not talking about you w/ the last piece of pie in the pan hiding in the closet hoping nobody sees you and feeling guilty afterwards:) I'm talking about something that you make you feel that satisfied but w/ none of the worry! This recipe comes from my dear friend Erin, who like me, loves to cook for her family and is always coming up w/ inventive ways to broaden their menu. I think this would be one the whole family, adults and kids both, would stand up and clap for! I'm thinking about trying raspberries w/ it too since I have so many frozen from last summer! Go, have some pie for breakfast and feel great about doing so!

Blueberry Pie Oatmeal

For each serving....
1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. water
few drops vanilla extract
1/4 c. blueberries, heaping
1/2 TBS sugar
1 TBS graham cracker crumbs

Add all ingredients but cracker crumbs (reserve a few berries for garnish) to a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until oatmeal is cooked. Spoon into serving dish and top w/ graham cracker crumbs and a few berries.

Blueberry on FoodistaBlueberry

No comments: