Everyday Mom's Meals: Tropical Holiday
_____

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tropical Holiday

As I have shared with you before, but will once again for those just tuning in, my "boys" are lime crazy!  Anything and everything made with the little green gems is a favorite of theirs. From Cilantro Lime Rice to Key Lime Pie, they just can't get enough. So when I saw this recipe in my new Gooseberry Patch cookbook, The Christmas Table I knew it would one of the new holiday treats I tried this year. Oh sure, we have our favorites...the ones I make every year, but each year when the tree goes up, and usually before, I start to compile a list of new and fun things I've seen to try, and possibly add to our holiday traditions. I couldn't believe this when I saw it. I had never even thought of it, but it's pretty genius! Especially for those of us who love all the Christmas candies, but sometimes find a few to be too heavy. It's not so much that this is "lighter" than other fudge, but the lime flavor makes it so refreshing, and it gives your mouth a burst of flavor. If you have tried either my Peanut Butter or Easy Chocolate Fudge, you will love this too because once again, it's a simple method and you do NOT have to be a candy maker expert to be successful. Believe me, if I can make it, you can! I've had some candy disasters in the kitchen, but these easy fudge recipes never let me down! I hope I've found something yummy for you to include in your holiday baking extravaganza too, after all those neighbors and teachers gifts can always use something new and fun!

Key Lime Fudge From Gooseberry Patch
3 c. white chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can sweet condensed milk
2 tsp. key lime zest, a little reserved for top
2 TBS key lime juice
1 c. chopped macadamia nuts, a few reserved for top

In a medium saucepan on low heat, combine chocolate chips and milk. Stir and cook until melted together. Remove from heat. Stir in zest and juice. Add in nuts. Stir well to combine. Line a 8x8 baking pan with foil, with enough covering over edges for easy lifting.  Grease foil well. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with extra nuts and zest. Gently. pat to adhere. Chill 2 hours in fridge. Remove from pan by lifting on foil and then removing. Cut into squares. Store in fridge.



Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Dec. 11, 2012
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Dec. 12, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Dec. 13, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Dec. 14, 2012


Lime at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

4 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

that looks really good! :)

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I have an alternate Key Lime recipe that I am posting soon, but this one looks better! I had to pin it! I would love you to come join my Pin Me Linky Party that starts Friday morning at 8am CST.

Jamie @ Prepared to Eat said...

I just picked up a bag of key limes at the store. I never would have thought of using them in fudge! Sounds good to me. -Jamie

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a great week and enjoy your new Red Plate!
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen