Everyday Mom's Meals: Small Stick Big Flavor
_____

Monday, December 17, 2012

Small Stick Big Flavor

I have learned many things in my almost 32 years here on earth. And one that is tried and true, every single time...anything tastes better on a stick~ no matter the size of said stick. It can be a very long one, like on a foot long corndog at the fair, or something small on the end of a toothpick at a party. Either way, 9 times out of 10 it's going to be a huge hit, and most everyone will find it delicious! With that, you have been warned! If you set out a big platter of these at your holiday, New Year's or football party this year, they will disappear quicker than you can make more, and they will probably be one of the most popular things you make! Plus, they are super easy! And don't get me wrong, they are tasty themselves, but what is going to suck everyone is the sauce! Oh, the sauce! I remember the first time I took these to family party and our aunt declared "I like them, but I could drink the sauce with a straw!" Yep, it's that good! I first had these a few years ago at Thanksgiving when my Grammy made them. Adam and I were eating them so fast she couldn't keep them on the buffet! And now anytime we are at her house for a holiday and I see bacon in the fridge, I hope she's making them again. Oh, did I not mention that? Yeah, there is bacon involved too. You're pretty much done reading now aren't you? You just want to eat? Okay then, here is the recipe for one of the tastiest little bites on a stick you will ever have!

Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
2 (8 oz) cans water chestnuts, drained
1 lb. bacon, sliced into thirds
1 c. ketchup
1 c. brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350. In a small saucepan, combine ketchup and brown sugar. Cook on low, stirring often,  until brown sugar is melted and sauce is well combined. Wrap each water chestnuts with 1/3 piece of bacon. Place in 8x8 pan, seam side down. Pour sauce over. Cover. Bake for 45 minutes until bacon is cooked through and sauce is thickened slightly.


Shared on Make Ahead Meals Dec. 17, 2012
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Dec. 18, 2012
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Dec. 19, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Dec. 20, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Dec. 21, 2012


Appetizers at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Krista,
This is one of my favorite appetizers. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen