Everyday Mom's Meals: Thanks Mom
_____

Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanks Mom

My mom is great about always looking for recipes in magazines or the newspaper she things I would enjoy. Mom is a great cook, but w/ my dad being on the road 5 days a week, so only cooks for herself most of the time, and if it was me, I wouldn't go all out either! So she lives vicariously through me and always passes great ones on. This one she tore out of a Family Circle magazine at the doctor's office. (shhh....don't tell) and I can't wait to try it. I've already passed it onto my fellow super cook, my sister in law Amanda, and she too can't wait to make it.

Quick Apple Crumble
3/4 cup  All- Bran Original cereal
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
2 cans (20 oz each) apple pie filling
1 TBS lemon juice

In a small mixing bowl, combine the cereal, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until crumbly. Set aside. Combine pie filling and lemon juice. Place in 9x9x2 inch baking pan or dish. Sprinkle w/ topping. Bake @ 375ยบ for 30 minutes until bubbly around edges. Cool slightly before serving.
Apples on FoodistaApples

No comments: