Everyday Mom's Meals: Holiday Ham
_____

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Ham

Tonight our supper has a definite holiday feel to it. It's cold and wet here in Fort Wayne and that means it's the perfect night for comfort food. I had ham steaks but wasn't sure what I wanted to do w/ them other than something special to go along w/ the winter squash, cranberry stuffing and applesauce I had planned. I love ham at the holidays, but make it year round and sometimes very simply. But tonight I wanted to do something different; and I thought the oven would be great to warm up the house! I searched online for "baked ham steaks" and found this recipe at Cooks.com and am really excited about trying it. Very simple and the smells from just assembling it are amazing--can't wait to taste it!

Baked Ham Steaks w/ Glaze
4 ham steaks about 1/2 inch thick
4 tsp prepared mustard
8 TBS brown sugar
1/2 cup apple juice or cider (I used juice)

Dry off steaks if moist. Place in 9x13 baking dish. Spread 1 tsp mustard over each and sprinkle w/ 2 TBS brown sugar each. Add apple juice around steaks and bake @ 350ยบ for 20 minutes.

No comments: