Everyday Mom's Meals: Not So Snappy
_____

Monday, November 29, 2010

Not So Snappy

My father in law loves ginger snaps; and he has passed this onto my son. But sometimes for Alex, certain kinds can be a little too hard for his little teeth, especially now that they are starting to fall out :-) So when I got this recipe this morning from my fellow blogger Real Mom's Kitchen I immediately thought of both of them. Alex b/c this would give him the taste he loves w/o all the crunch and b/c anything he can dip is totally fun; and my father in law b/c anything like resembles a ginger snap reminds me of him! I can't wait to try them and see if they are as yummy as they look/sound.

Chewy Ginger Cookies
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) I Can't Believe It's ® All Purpose Sticks
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup Demerara, turbinado or granulated sugar (I will use granulated)

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat margarine w/ 1 cup granulated sugar in large bowl w/ electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until blended. Stir in molasses. Gradually stir in flour mixture just until blended. Gently roll dough into 1 inch balls w/ lightly floured hands, then roll in granulated sugar. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 8 minutes or until cookie edges are firm. Cool sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely. 


Gingersnap Dip
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed

In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and pumpkin spice. Beat in Cool Whip until blended. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments: