Everyday Mom's Meals: Real Men Cook
_____

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Real Men Cook

Even though I do 99% of the cooking in our house, it's nice to know that if I ever couldn't, we wouldn't starve, b/c my husband is a pretty amazing cook. He started cooking years ago when he lived w/ roommates, and then by himself. He has a few recipes that are his "signature" and this is one of them. The first time he made it, most of his family, including me, turned our noses up at it b/c we never imagine it could be good. But oh how good it is! I've been making it since we got married and when Alex came along, he too refused to eat it, until he tried it a few times. Actually, it's our supper tonight b/c Alex asked me to make it! So if you're looking for an easy crock pot soup that is comfort through and through, try it before you dismiss it!

Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
2 bags dry split peas
1 lb. bag baby cut carrots- finely diced
1 medium white onion- finely diced
1 lb. package diced ham
Salt and pepper

In crock pot place all ingredients and cover w/ water. Cook on high for 6-8 hours until peas break down and soup becomes very thick. Add water to loosen, if necessary. (If have left overs to reheat, definitely add water). Half way through cooking, use potato masher to break peas down.



Shared on Everyday Sisters Oct. 9, 2011
Shared on The Country Cook Oct. 21, 2011



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg-this is so good and super easy to make-tell Adam thank you for me

Ellen Zames said...

Krista,

I'm making this right now!! So excited to have soup later....Split pea is my favorite and this recipe is so super easy.

Ellen
http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com