Everyday Mom's Meals: My Famous Mom
_____

Monday, August 8, 2011

My Famous Mom

If you were to ask my mom to use 2 words to describe herself, I'm not sure "good cook" would come to mind. But to me that is insane, b/c personally I think she is a fantastic cook, and if you are a regular reader of this blog, you already know some of the best dishes I make are hers: Strawberry Shortcake, Macaroni Salad, Meatloaf and Scalloped Potatoes to name a few. And if you haven't read those recipes before, you MUST! They are all keepers. But the one dish I would say my mom is famous for? Her baked beans. Seriously, I've seen people who claim to hate baked beans suck hers down like a Hoover vacuum. If I have a party and she asks if she can bring something, I always say these b/c I know how much of a crowd pleaser they are. Plus I usually have people ask "Is your mom bringing the beans?" I've never seen baked beans as thick and flavorful as hers.  And if these are anything like the previous dishes I mentioned, they will become a popular post on here too. Mom's dishes seem to be some of the most viewed on here of all time, and that's fine w/ me, b/c now Mom can definitely know she is a fabulous cook, and now can be famous for her beans both here at home and in the blogging world!

Mom's Baked Beans

1 large can Country Style baked beans, slightly drained
2 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS molasses
Smokey Links, sliced (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish and bake @ 350 for 1 hour or until thick. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving- will continue to thicken.




Shared on The Saturday Evening Pot Aug. 8, 2011
Shared on Jam Hands Aug. 8, 2011
Shared on My Faith and Family Aug. 9, 2011
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Aug. 9, 2011


Pin It

4 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

So lucky to have a cooking mom. Mine was a product of her time (the 60's) worked full time, feeding 2 kids and a husband usually meant a box... or a soup poured over chicken.

Very lucky to have a cooking mom and ome that shared her techniques.

Krista said...

Yes I was very lucky to have a mom who was home w/ me until I went into 1st grade, then she was a working mom. Her hours coincided w/ my school schedule, so as I got older, she would work more. But even then she came home every night and cooked a meal. It was lovely to grow up that way.

carolinaheartstrings said...

I love recipes from my mom. Always the best. These beans are very similar to the ones she made when I was a kid. Yum. Come over and visit us today. These beans would go great with our country rib recipe.

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Those baked beans do sound like they'd be perfect for a potluck!