Everyday Mom's Meals: Happy Valentines Day!!!
_____

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!!

A day dedicated to all things love--I'm all for it. No I don't think you should only tell those you care about how much they mean to you one day on the calendar, but I do think for those who get so busy w/ everyday life, taking a moment to pause to remember why you love someone and reminding him/her of that is very important. Rather that be on February 14th, April 5th or November 12th :) Valentines Day has always been a special day for Adam and I, but since Alex came along it's become a day for the whole family. This weekend we had a family Valentines Day on Saturday going to see Gnomeo and Juliet and then having a fabulous sushi dinner at Asakusa. Alex even got to spend some Valentine money he recieved in the mail at Debrands chocolate shop and buy a Lego set. It was a fabulous day for just the 3 of us! Knowing we were going to celebrate a little early, I wanted to make sure to do something just as nice for supper Monday. I'm making meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and candied carrots--all 3 are some of my boys' favorites. For dessert though I wanted to make something extra special. I found this recipe at about.com and know it will be a sweet treat for the sweet men in my life :) Happy Valentines Day Adam and Alex--you both are what allow me to do what I do, be who I am and feel the love I do every single day!!

Chocolate Chip Pie
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. melted butter
3/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (I used walnuts)
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked

Combine sugar and flour; stir in eggs and butter. Add copped nuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Mix well. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake @ 350ยบ for 40-45 minutes.





Chocolate Chips on FoodistaChocolate Chips

2 comments:

Tricia @ Recipe Roundup said...

I remembered that I was INCREDIBLY sick over Valentine's Day...That would be why I didn't see this post. I usually go back over the whole blog to see what I've missed but I must have been so busy catching up. I was sick then Georgie was sick..crazy. The pie looks amazing!

Krista said...

LOL, that's ok. I just pointed it out b/c you can do it w/o your electric mixer....:)