Everyday Mom's Meals: Pigskin Friendly
_____

Monday, January 26, 2015

Pigskin Friendly

Happy Super Bowl Week! Yep, that's right people, we have less than 7 days until the big game. I realize there are many, many of you out there in EMM land that could give less about the game on Sunday, but we are a football family, and I am excited and therefore, all week I'm going to be sharing ideas for your Super Bowl party ! (And if you aren't having one, they can all be used for easy meal ideas too!)

Like I said, I know many of you probably can't even tell me who is playing in the game Sunday. Well, maybe less now that we've all been inundated with #Deflateglate for a week now, but still, I'm sure there are those who have no clue. That's okay. Or maybe, like us, your favorite team didn't make it this year, and you are lamenting. That's okay too. I understand, I really do. But I'm here to help. Super Bowl XLIX will be held in Arizona between the New England Patriots (THE CHEATERS...oops, did I say that??!!) and the Seattle Seahawks.

Now as most of you know, Mr. E and I (and 99% of our family) bleed black and gold and if the Steelers aren't in it, we show up for the food and the commercials. Well, and the game too because we really do enjoy football that much. But "The Hawks" just happen to be Monkey's favorite team (Why? I have no idea. He started liking them about 3 1/2 years ago, and after their win last year, that love only grew.) and he is super excited to watch them go for two in a row. So, this year, I will be on Team Alex and root for them also. Well, that and I can't root for anybody that cheat. Oops, did I say that again?

Anyway, these little Mexican treats are perfect for watching the game, because they are hands friendly! Your guests can munch away while shouting at the tv, and you don't have to worry about them throwing knives and forks at the screen.

Set out a ton of toppings and let everyone customize them. So fun. So easy. So yummy. But as I mentioned, they aren't just football food. They make a simple weeknight meal the kids will love too. Add some rice and beans on the side and your meal is done. Oh, speaking of beans, come back Wednesday because I've got a great recipe for those too! 

If you aren't looking forward to the Super Bowl on Sunday, please bare with me this week because we are, and it's going to be #1 on the discussion list. But don't worry, we will return to your normal scheduled programming February 2nd. 

Mini Enchilada Cups
12 small flour tortillas
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet enchilada seasoning
2/3 c. picante sauce
3/4 c. shredded Colby jack cheese
Salt and Pepper taste
Shredded Lettuce
Diced Tomatoes
Diced Green Onions
Sour Cream

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Warm tortillas in microwave 2 at a time, for 15 seconds. Line each well with one tortilla. In a large skillet brown beef, seasoned with salt and pepper. Drain if necessary. Increase heat to high. Add seasoning packet and picante sauce. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Decrease heat to low and simmer until thickened. Sprinkle each tortillas cup with a little cheese in the bottom. Place a heaping TBS of beef mixture into each cup. Sprinkle each with more cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from tin. Add lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and green onions to top. 


No comments: