Everyday Mom's Meals: Alex Makes Dessert
_____

Monday, September 16, 2013

Alex Makes Dessert

Nine years ago today I received the most precious gift of my life. God brought our beautiful baby boy into this world, forever making me the luckiest Mommy ever. 

That's right, it's Monkey's birthday!!! I am celebrating my favorite little man today. The one whose smile can instantly make my day go from bad to great, the one whose hugs and kisses complete my world, and the one who when he says "I love you, Mommy", makes my heart skip a beat and my soul leap for joy. 

I thought instead of sharing something I made for him, it would be fun to share something with you that he made himself! That's right this is so simple, that with just a little help from Mommy (or any other adult) a little monkey can make it! 

It was Labor Day weekend and Alex wanted to be in the kitchen, so I figured why not put him in charge of dessert! He and I love anything peach, so we couldn't wait to try this. But to be honest, even his Daddy, who isn't the biggest peach fan in the world, could not get enough. Mixing the sugar with the peaches, even though they are drained, forms this almost custard like filling that takes this from good to outstanding. 

If you are looking for an easy sweet treat tonight, maybe your little ones could have a hand in making it. 

~Happy Birthday Alex! We could not love you more. 
The day we had you, God gave us the world.~





Easy Peach Cobbler From Betty Crocker
1 c. original Bisquick mix
1 c. milk
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. sugar
1 (29 oz.) can sliced peaches, drained
Cinnamon for garnish

Preheat oven to 375. Stir together Bisquick, milk and nutmeg in an ungreased 8x8 baking pan. Stir in butter until blended. Stir together sugar and peaches. Spoon over batter. Bake 50-60 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
 

 



Shared on The Country Cook Sept. 20, 2013









No comments: