Everyday Mom's Meals: Let's Begin The Countdown
_____

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Let's Begin The Countdown

Three weeks people. Let me say that again. THREE weeks!! That's right just 21 days from now we will all be sitting down with our loved ones around a big table of delectable holiday dishes, giving thanks for all this year has brought to us. Kinda hard to believe, huh??!! So for all of you uber planners, like me, it's time to start narrowing down the menu and deciding exactly what will be served at your Thanksgiving spread. So I thought for this first day of November, it would be a great time to give you some side dish inspiration! I actually tested this recipe back in October when I hosted my in-laws for dinner to celebrate their birthdays. We love glazed carrots, and these are a new twist on those. They were a huge hit for everyone, including Alex. Both my mother and father in law took seconds, and he described them best when he said "These taste a little bit like Thanksgiving. Kind of like pumpkin pie, but in carrots." And he was exactly right! They are sweet with a hint of spice that would be perfect alongside your turkey and cranberry sauce. All of us can always use some new side dishes, especially veggies, for holiday meals to mix in with the traditional ones that are loved so much. So if you are looking for something new for your Turkey Day gathering, I hope you try these! Let the countdown begin!

Maple Glazed Carrots From Food Network
1 lb. baby carrots
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. orange juice
1/4 c. water
4 TBS butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
Salt to taste
Parsley for garnish

Place all ingredients except parsley in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for approximately 15 minutes until carrots are tender and glaze is slightly thickened. Stir often Garnish with parsley.


Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Nov. 1, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Nov. 2, 2012
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Nov. 5, 2012

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love carrots and these look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Buy Here Pay Here

Winnie said...

This is a wonderful dish
I LOVE it, We usually make it with honey or date-syrup. Almost like dessert. DELICIOUS !:)

Leslie said...

I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close either, but I love it!!! This would be a perfect side with turkey. I love maple syrup with savory things! Yum!
Blessings,
Leslie