Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Brandie}
_____

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Brandie}

Happy Weekend to all of you! I this finds you at the end of another great week and heading into a fun fall weekend. Today's Weekend Company recipe couldn't be more perfect because we're heading out to our favorite fall festival today, The Apple Festival. We're ready for hot apple cider, warm apple fritters,  hay rides, crafts and more!

I can't even put into words how excited I am to have my guest join me in the kitchen today. Back in June 2011 when I was expanding the blog and creating my Facebook Fan page, she was one of the first bloggers to welcome me into the foodie world, and even invited me to do my very first guest post on her site. Then as we talked more and more we discovered we might have just been separated at birth! We both focus on family style cooking, are both wives and mothers to one child, both boys...both named Alex! She is a dear sweet friend whom I respect so much and am so honored to have in my life. Ya'll know her as The Country Cook, so please welcome, for the first of what I hope is many times, Brandie to EMM~


 First, let me say a special thank you to the lovely Krista for inviting me here today! I just love so many of Krista's recipes and she is such a sweet gal! I'm so thrilled to be here and to be sharing a favorite recipe of mine. 
For those of you who are new to my site, let me introduce myself. My name is Brandie and I publish TheCountryCook.net, a website dedicated to classic American recipes and quick and easy family favorites. I'm also a momma and a wife.   I understand the challenges of today's busy families and I try to share many recipes that use readily available ingredients and are easy to prepare so families have more time to enjoy each other (and a tasty meal) together at the supper table.

 I am so glad Krista invited me to share a recipe during the fall season.  There are just so many wonderful recipes I like to make this time of year. One of my favorites (and of course, easy!) recipes to make are these Apple Dumplings. 
For this recipe, you only need one apple for 4 servings or two apples for 8 servings.  And the crescent rolls take on a whole other flavor when combined with the cinnamon and butter.  And like many good desserts, a little bit of soda really makes this dish come together. No one would ever guess you used crescent rolls to make these dumplings. My family just loves this dessert because they love apples and I love it because it is easy peasy!

Easy Apple Dumplings   
Ingredients:
1 Green Apple (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
1 tube (8 oz.) Crescent Rolls
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ground Cinnamon (to taste)
1/2 cup lemon lime soda (Sprite or Mountain Dew work good)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees

Peel and core apples. Cut apple into 8 slices.

Unroll tube of crescent rolls and separate into 8 pieces.

On each roll, sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon.

Add one apple slice.

Roll it up in a nice little bundle. Continue with next 7 rolls the same way.

Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray.

Place all 8 dumplings into baking dish.

Mix together melted butter with sugar and vanilla.

Pour butter mixture on top of crescent rolls.

Now take soda and pour it around the edges of the crescent rolls.

Sprinkle tops with a bit more cinnamon.

Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes.

Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

Cook's Notes: Just double the recipe and use a 13x9 pan for 8 servings.




Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! Just found your blog Krista. You have some great recipes on here.

Brandie this one looks yummy. I am definitely going to be trying it! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings!
Jen
www.ownyourtimenow.com

Taken too said...

Can this be made the day before and baked the day of ?