Everyday Mom's Meals: Cracker Cool Down
_____

Monday, October 15, 2012

Cracker Cool Down

When it comes to spicy food, I am a complete wimp, and I fully admit that. I can stand a little heat, and enjoy a tad spice, but unlike my husband, I do not think good food should be eaten with tears running down my face. Yep, he's the guy who will order the hottest wings, or add the hottest hot sauce he can find to a burrito. He eats jalapenos raw and doesn't flinch. And now we've discovered he has passed the "spice gene" onto Monkey. With each passing year, little man has become more and more adventurous with spice and working towards higher tolerance levels. He's to the point that he can eat the hottest salsa at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, and let me tell you, he thinks he's pretty "hot stuff" when he does. (Pun intended!) So when I first saw Pepperidge Farm new cracker, Jingos!, in the flavor Lime and Sweet Chili, I thought maybe all 3 of us would like them. I've told you before how they also love lime, so I figured it with some spice would be perfect. And with the "sweet" I figured I could handle them too. Well, I was right...kind of. They are delicious, and the boys do love the flavor, I do too, and I can take the heat level, for awhile. But after about a handful, my tongue is a little warm and ready for a cool down. So I figured a cool, creamy dip would be perfect for these crackers with a bite. With the bright flavor of cilantro it tastes fresh while cooling you down. Let's face it, I will pretty much find any reason to make and eat another dip! This would be great with any chip or cracker, spicy or not!

Creamy Cilantro Dip
1 (8oz) tub whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
2 tsp dill weed
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a medium bowl combine all ingredients. Stir well to combine. Chill for at least an hour.



Shared on Make Ahead Meals Oct. 15, 2012
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Oct. 16, 2012
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Oct. 17, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Oct. 19, 2012



Disclaimer: This is NOT a paid post. All thoughts and opinions are mine and not endorsed by Pepperidge Farm.

Cilantro at Very Good Recipes

1 comment:

April said...

This sounds and looks delicious! We love cilantro at my house, and I cant wait to surprise my family with this dip.