Everyday Mom's Meals: One Skillet Meal
_____

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One Skillet Meal

I love recipes that only involve me washing one pan when I'm done! I know there is a lot to be said for one of those "down home, old fashioned" meals that uses every pot and pan in the kitchen, but let's face it, that isn't very convenient for most of us these days. So the less work for me, the better. This recipe came to me from another blog I follow Real Mom's Kitchen. I receive her recipes daily through Facebook right in my inbox--it's great! I fixed this for supper tonight and the "boys" loved it and I was very pleased w/ the way it turned out also. The only thing I will do differently next time is instead of using a skillet stove top, I'm going to use my large electric skillet so the ingredients have a little more room.

Skillet Ground Beef Stew
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 TBS flour (I actually used 1 TBS cornstarch)
8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
4 tsp Dijon mustard
3 medium Yukon Gold or red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I used red)
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 TBS fresh parsley chopped (I omitted this)

Cook beef over medium high heat 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally, until cooked; drain. Stir in salt, pepper and flour. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

In small bowl, mix broth, whipping cream & mustard w/ wire whisk. Add to beef mixture. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover; cook 15 minutes until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. If the sauce is too thin, increase high to medium high, uncover and cook another few minutes. Sprinkle w/ parsley.

No comments: