Everyday Mom's Meals: Last One....Hopefully
_____

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Last One....Hopefully

So, it snowed this weekend. Blah. I seriously have no other words for it.

I am over it. I am done. I am in no mood for Mother Nature's sick jokes. I know it's March in Indiana, and even though the calendar will say it's spring this week, a switch doesn't flip to automatically make it warm. But seriously. Can't we at least get rid of the snow and maybe, just maybe climb our way out of the 30s?

I have done my best this winter to make sure we've had plenty of yummy, warm soups to make those dreary days better. We've enjoyed all of them, and I hope you have too.

But now I'm ready to move on. I want backyard barbecue foods. I want summer picnic foods. I want sitting by the pool foods...after this, of course.

Yep, I had one more soup up my sleeve. And if we're being honest, we still have plenty of chilly, wet days left this spring that soup is going to taste pretty darn good! Those spring showers can bring some downright miserable weather before they bring those spring flowers!

This takes the deliciousness of Cream of Broccoli Soup and ramps up the flavor and veggies. It's hearty but still light. Add some crusty bread on the side and dinner is done.

Spring and summer are knocking on the door, but they need to knock a little louder because I can't hear them quite yet!

Creamy Broccoli & Rice Soup
7 c. water
1 (4.3 oz) box wild rice mix
3 c. broccoli, finely chopped, about 3 crowns
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
2 cubes chicken bouillon
1 tsp. onion powder
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temp and cubed
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large pot over medium heat combine water, bouillon, rice mix (with seasoning packet), broccoli and carrots. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 15-20 minutes Add remaining ingredients, stir well until cream cheese is melted and combined. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until rice is tender. Turn heat off and let stand about 10 minutes before serving. 



Shared at Weekend Potluck
Shared at Meal Plan Monday

No comments: