Everyday Mom's Meals: Another Re-do
_____

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Another Re-do

I'm trying really hard to go back to the early days of the blog and find the dishes that are fantastic recipes, but with the readership I used to have, didn't really get the exposure they deserved. It's not an easy job, but they are such yummy things I want to make sure they get to as many of you as possible, so I'm happy to do it.

This is another example of that. So, if you're a long time reader, you might recognize it. I had this for the first time at my sister-in-law's bridal shower a few years ago, and since then it's become one of our favorites for summer time barbecues and picnics.

If you can't find the seasoning blend it uses, I wish I could tell you a great substitute, but it has such a distinct flavor, I really wouldn't know where to start. But I will tell you that I've seen it in multiple grocery stores, in multiple cities, so I'm hoping you can find some near you. Plus, like pretty much everything else these days...you can order it online as well!

The fresh veggies in this really give it a crunch I love. It's satisfying while still being very light. Serve it on the side with your favorite grilled chicken or steak. Or on those summer nights when it's too hot to cook or eat (they are right around the corner) serve it as a light, refreshing salad supper.

These re-do recipes are like finding little four leaf clovers in a field of weeds. They are scrumptious dishes I know ya'll will love, even if you're seeing them for second time.

Supreme Pasta Salad From McCormick
1 lb. rotini pasta, cooked, rinsed and drained
1 medium cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
2 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. dried parsley, extra for garnish
1 c. Italian salad dressing

Place pasta in a large bowl. Add cucumber and tomatoes. Toss well. In a small bowl combine salad dressing, oregano parsley and Mccormick's seasoning. Whisk well. Pour over pasta and veggies. Stir well. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.




Shared on The Country Cook May 2, 2014
 



3 comments:

Catherine said...

A very nice pasta for the warm weather picnics. Blessings, Catherine

Unknown said...

How much does this feed?

Krista said...

It feeds the 4 of us with leftovers :)