Everyday Mom's Meals: A Cupcake Twist
_____

Monday, October 21, 2013

A Cupcake Twist

Some of the most comforting recipes I have, also happen to be some of the most time consuming. Not that I'm complaining, it's just something I have to remember when I start craving them on days when I'm simply not going to have the time to make them. That's why I was so excited to find this recipe. It's super simple, reminds me of a cross between chicken pot pie and chicken noodle soup (two comfort foods at the top of my favorites list!) and is so adorable beyond words!

I swear, if your kids are anything like my son, the minute they are in the house after school, the first question they have is "What's for supper?" Well, imagine their excitement when you tell them you're having cupcakes! Yeah, I got a strange look from Alex on that one. He really thought I'd lost my mind. But then when they were baked and I put a couple on his plate he was thrilled with the play on words.

Now, his one question, thinking the was going to be funny was "But Mommy, they aren't frosted." Ha! Yes, they are, it's just done before you bake instead of after, and the frosting is made out of butter and seasonings instead of colored sugar!

These make a great, simple, fall meal any night of the week. Or if you're hosting a crowd, a big platter of them would be cute and something new for a party.

Comfort foods that simmer and cook all day just like mom used to make are one of life's simple pleasures and are to be treasured. But ones that are quick and easy for our busy lives, that are delicious too, are just as valuable to busy moms every where!

Chicken n Noodle Cupcakes Inspired by Pillsbury
1 can (8 ct.) Grands® biscuits, each separated into 2 layers each
1 (19 oz.) can Progresso® traditional chicken noodle soup
2 TBS softened butter
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Place 8 of the biscuit layers into the muffin tins, working up the sides to create a "cup". Drain soup. Spoon about 2 TBS into each muffin cup. Top each muffin top with the remaining layers. Seal to close. Using a butter knife, carefully spread butter on the top of each. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. 


Shared on The Country Cook Oct. 25, 2013


Chicken at Very Good Recipes







No comments: