Everyday Mom's Meals: Thinking Of You
_____

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thinking Of You

Sometimes while looking through my many cook books, I will see a recipe and it will immediately remind of someone in my life and scream out "share me". That was the case when I read this one. It comes from The Pillsbury Family Christmas Cookbook, one in a stack of Christmas cookbooks I have. I love looking through them for ideas and inspiration and when I came upon this I knew it had to be dedicated to my sister in law, Amanda. This girl has more blueberries each year than anyone else I know. She cooks w/ them all summer and then freezes a TON to supply her through the winter months. So, hopefully when she  reads this she will know I was thinking of her, and missing her; and of course give it a try!!

Warm Blueberry Sipper
3 cups water
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 lemon slices, 1/4 inch thick
1 cinnamon stick
1 TBS cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
Whipped cream if desired

In medium saucepan, combine 3 cups water, berries, sugar, lemon and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until berries are soft. Remove lemon and cinnamon. Pour berry mixture into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (If container too small, do in 2 batches) Return to sauce pan. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; stir into berry mixture. Cook over medium heat until boils and slightly thickens, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour into 8 heatproof glasses. Gently place dollop of whipped cream on top and serve immediately.

Blueberry on FoodistaBlueberry

No comments: