Everyday Mom's Meals: My Favorite--What's Yours?
_____

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Favorite--What's Yours?

Of all the yummy holiday treats, or traditional foods we have every year, one stands out as my favorite. And that's a hard task b/c I'm surrounded by GREAT food for days on end during Christmas. But the one thing I always look forward to (no matter how many times we have it throughout the rest of the year) is Green Bean Casserole!!!! And this year, I'm the one making it to take to my parents' house for Christmas Day dinner. My mom usually makes it, but this year I volunteered and while I will be using the same recipe she does, I doubt if it will taste as good--nothing ever does as well as when Mom makes it. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to eating it once again, and am making enough for lots of leftovers!

Traditional Green Bean Casserole (from Campbell's.com)

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp soy sauce
Dash ground black pepper
2 16 oz cans cut green beans
1 1/3 cups french fried onions

Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper beans and 2/3 cup onions in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake @ 350ยบ for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Stir and top w/ rest of onions. Bake for 5 minutes more until onions are golden brown.


Shared on Comfy Cuisine Aug. 11, 2011
Shared on Gooseberry Patch Aug. 31, 2011
Shared on Everyday Sisters Nov. 13, 2011

Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what... despite it's popularity, I have never been able to eat this stuff. I LOVE green beans... but this casserole just doesn't do it for me.

I will definitely pass it along to those folks in my life that do like it though. I"m sure they will love it! :)

Mia said...

looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You just can't beat traditional dishes! Thanks for posting.