Everyday Mom's Meals: Some Might Call Me Obsessed
_____

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Some Might Call Me Obsessed

 Over the past year, nothing has been posted more to EMM than frozen meatball recipes. I make no apologies for it, and I hope you guys are enjoying them as much as I am creating them. 

I blog what we eat. Sure, there are times when I try to keep up with food trends like when I made Marry Me Chicken, Whipped Hot Chocolate and Cafeteria Noodles to name a few. And while we enjoyed those recipes very much, for the most part what you see on the blog are dishes I have made with the intention to simply just get supper on the table.

Hence why so many meatball recipes have made their way to your feed thanks to my page. I have become a little obsessed with finding new ways to utilize one of my favorite frozen foods. 

So how did this latest one come to be? I was planning a Mexican night at home, but wasn't feeling tacos, burritos or nachos. Time to see if I could combine my meatball friends with Mexican flavors we love. The answer? YES! 

Crock Pot Enchilada Meatballs can be served as a tasty appetizer for a crowd or for an easy weeknight supper like I did, alongside some cheesy rice. You could also pile them into a hoagie roll, top with cheese, lettuce and tomato for a tasty twist on a meatball sub! 

If you saw yet another meatball recipe and groaned, I'm sorry you're disappointed. But I promise you might change your mind at the first bite!

What kind of meatballs do I use?

You want to look for the frozen meatballs called "homestyle" or sometimes original. Italian ones won't taste the same.

 Can I cook on high instead of low?

If time is an issue, yes you can cook these on high for 2 hours.

 Can I substitute something for the enchilada sauce?

While I haven't tried anything else, you could! Maybe a green verde sauce or even a salsa instead. If you do, let me know how it goes!

What do I serve with Crock Pot Enchilada Meatballs?

Some ideas: Cilantro rice, refried beans, chips and salsa, fiesta corn, black beans

 What is your favorite brand of frozen meatballs?

My two favorite frozen meatballs to use are the Great Value brand at Walmart and Bremer's at Aldi. Yep, both are just as tasty as name brand and much. more budget-friendly!

Crock Pot Enchilada Meatballs

 Best Tips
 
Be sure to stir the meatballs well before serving to coat them well in the sauce.
 
If you can find a packet of enchilada seasoning instead of taco, that would be perfect!
 
Like things spicy? Use Pepper Jack cheese, spicy Rotel and/or diced jalapeños.
 
A can of diced green chilies would be delicious too.
 

Crock Pot Enchilada Meatballs

1 (28 oz.) bag frozen homestyle meatballs

1 (10 oz.) cans red enchilada sauce

1 (10 oz.) can Rotel 

1 packet taco seasoning

Shredded Mexican style cheese 

Cilantro, for garnish

In the bottom of Crock Pot, whisk together enchilada sauce, Rotel and taco seasoning. Add meatballs. Stir to combine. Cook on LOW 4 hours. Keep on warm until serving. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. 

Crock Pot Enchilada Meatballs

More Meatball Recipes To Try Next

Crock Pot French Onion Meatballs 

Crock Pot Italian Meatballs 

Crock Pot Korean Meatballs

Crock Pot Meatball Subs

Crock Pot Hawaiian Meatballs 

Meatball Pasta Bake

 Crock Pot Teriyaki Meatballs 

Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs

No comments: