Everyday Mom's Meals: Even I Cleaned My Plate
_____

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Even I Cleaned My Plate

 So I am going to reveal a big secret to you. Are you ready? It is going to rock your world. I'm a food blogger and there are nights when I sit down to supper, and if I've been working all day on new recipes for all of you, I'm not even hungry. No matter how appetizing the food is, even if I've been drooling over it the entire time it has been cooking, it just doesn't taste good. Correction. It tastes wonderful, just not to me. 

This same thing actually happens when I've made a really big meal too, mainly on holidays. I cook Thanksgiving dinner all day and by the time I sit down, I'm hot and exhausted and not in the mood. Now, on those days, I get over it and chow down...I'm not missing out on turkey and stuffing! 

It's funny to look back now because growing up when either of my grandmas would spend the whole day in the kitchen making a huge spread, even at the holidays, I can distinctly remember them sitting down, and watching everyone else dig in and not touch a bite for a while. I always wondered why, and now I 100% understand. 

But this meal? This recipe? Even after working on it all day, and being dog- tired by the time I sat down, I couldn't stop eating. It was so incredibly delicious I cleaned my whole plate! After smelling the mouth watering aromas wafting from the slow cooker all day long, I couldn't wait to dig in. 

I have made meatballs in the Crock Pot before, but I've spent some time tweaking my recipe and through trial and error, I present to you the most delicious Crock Pot Italian Meatballs EVER. Yes. I said it. 

I served these over some penne pasta, but they would be just as delicious in a sub bun for meatball sandwiches, on mini buns or dinner rolls for meatball sliders, or quite frankly, on a plate with a fork. 

Filled with flavor, cooked all day, what more can you ask for? Now before the hate emails start to flood in about using frozen meatballs, if you feel inclined to use homemade, please be my guest. Me? I have found several brands (even store brands) that taste homemade and I feel totally comfortable using them, especially in a recipe like this when I'm adding so much other flavor. 

 

Those of us who spend a lot of time in the kitchen know what it's like to sit down to a meal we've worked so hard on, only for our appetite to disappear. So the next time you are lucky enough to gather around the table to a home cooked meal, be sure to thank the person who made it a couple extra times!

Crock Pot Italian Meatballs 

2 (14 oz.) bags frozen Italian style meatballs

3 (24 oz.) jars spaghetti sauce with meat

1 (29 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with juice

1 TBS sugar

2 TBS Italian seasoning

2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp. dried red pepper 

Salt to taste 

Dried Parsley

Add meatballs to Crock Pot. Pour sauce over top. Add seasonings.  Stir well. Cook on LOW for 6 hours. Garnish with dried parsley and serve. 

Shared at Weekend Potluck
 



No comments: