Everyday Mom's Meals: A Little Spice For Mr. Everyday
_____

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Little Spice For Mr. Everyday

So, tomorrow is the big day! Do you have your cooking game plan down? Maybe you've been cooking all week so there isn't as much to do tomorrow. You're so smart! Either way, we are coming down to the wire, and it's time to loosen our belts and bring on the feast!

For today's post I could have easily shared another holiday idea, but instead I thought I would post something for those pre-feast hours. When everyone is sitting around, watching football, or the parade, playing games. The snacking time. I'm not even kidding you. My Grammy is famous for all the "nibbly bits" (as Monkey calls them) she puts out to tide everyone over until the big meal. So many delicious things that many times they are a meal in themselves; and by the time the turkey hits the table you're almost too full to eat. Almost. 

When a friend gave me this recipe I knew it would be perfect for Mr. E. He likes spicy things, and while many times I shy away from recipes that have a kick to them because my taste buds are wimps, I thought these would be a nice treat, just for him. And I will be honest...he ate the whole batch because after trying one, I was gasping for water. These. Are. Spicy. Very. Spicy. So, if you can't stand the heat, be sure to adjust the amount of red pepper flakes!! 

The turkey may be thawing, and the side salads might be waiting in the fridge, but that doesn't mean we can't still look for things to munch on all holiday weekend long. And if you like a little spice in your snack, these are just for you.

From our family to yours, I wish you a very

~*~Happy Thanksgiving~*~

Spicy Ranch Crackers
4 sleeves saltine crackers
1 package ranch dressing mix
2 TBS red pepper flakes
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 c. canola oil

In a large bowl whisk together oil, ranch mix and red pepper flakes. Working in batches dip crackers in mixture, covering completely. Lay on baking sheets. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan.  Bake at 250 until golden brown and crunchy, about 45 minutes. (Check often as not to burn!) Store in airtight container. 



 

Snacks at Very Good Recipes

No comments: