Everyday Mom's Meals: No, Mommy Can't Do That
_____

Friday, December 20, 2013

No, Mommy Can't Do That

One week folks! That's right, in case you haven't been paying attention, we only have 7 days until the big day! Have your kids been counting down for days now? Heck, have you? Do you still have a ton of things on your to-do list? Rather you are ready or not, it's coming and fast!

But if one of the things on your list is to find a great idea for Christmas morning breakfast, your favorite everyday mom has you covered! Stay calm and relax because you've come to the right place and I have a great idea for you.

This recipe came about because of a request from my son. He decided to ask me if I would make omelets for supper one night. Now, breakfast for supper is a very common occurrence in this house, so that wasn't the issue. The problem was what he asked for. See, I can't make an omelet in the skillet to save my life. If you have ever seen my recipe for Baked Omelet I talked about this at length. How I've tried and tried and they just never come out right, so I admitted defeat and began baking a big omelet in the oven.

So, I explained to my son how this was just one food request I didn't think I could come through on, but I promised to take the baked omelet idea and turn up the factor a little, just for him. And that is when these mini baked omelets were born. I figured take some fresh ingredients, add some eggs, put everything in a muffin tin and bake it. I get the ease of a baked version, and the little guy gets omelets just his size.

These would be perfect for Christmas morning, or a brunch where you have to feed a crowd. You can pump out a whole pan of these in almost no time; and you can even swap out the ingredients in every single cup to fit everyone's favorites. Don't stand over the stove in a make shift omelet bar. Do this instead and feed everyone in almost no time at all!

There aren't many requests I will deny my son, but when it's something I have accepted I can't do, and moved on with my life, I have to find another way to make his wish come true. After all, I'm his Mommy and that's my job!

Egg, Broccoli and Ham Muffins
1 (12 oz.) bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 (8 oz.) bag diced ham
1 (8 oz.) bag Mexican style cheese
12 eggs, beaten
Salt an Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a muffin tin liberally. Equally divide broccoli, ham and cheese among tin, only filling each vessel about 1/3 of the way. Pour eggs over, evenly, reaching 3/4 way to top. (They will puff when cooked) Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes and then carefully run knife along edge to loosen.



Shared on The Country Cook Dec. 20, 2013
 

No comments: