Everyday Mom's Meals: Pie In A Glass
_____

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pie In A Glass

Having a big barbecue tomorrow? Or maybe a poolside or lake party? If so, and the dessert portion isn't planned yet, you're going to be SO happy you logged onto EMM today! 

I've said it time and time again, but for anyone who doesn't know yet, I am a lemon freak! From my hand soap to my water, I love all things lemon! Truly I am a huge citrus fan in general, but there is no doubt which is my favorite. And when it comes to yummy lemon things, summer time is my favorite season to enjoy them all! 

This recipe came about quite simply. I was hungry for lemon meringue pie, but had not desire to make one. I wanted that tangy and sweet flavor...but with almost no effort on my part. Enter the parfait. Let's face it. There aren't many desserts that are easier. You spoon multiple ingredients in a glass, layer flavor after flavor, and in about 10 minutes, dessert is done!

These would be great for your Independence Day party because they are so user friendly, spoon-able in the pool, or on the boat, or just from a comfy lounge chair. 

Pies are fantastic, but deconstructed pies in a glass that are both easy and delicious are sometimes even better! 
~From our family to yours, Happy July 4th! May it be safe, happy and most of all, filled with yumminess~

Lemon Pie Parfaits Makes 3-4 large parfaits
1 (21 oz.) can lemon pie filling
1 1/2 c. lemon wafer cookies, crushed
1 (8 oz. tub) Cool Whip
1/4 c. sugar
Lemon Slices

In bottom of glasses or dishes, sprinkle a few of the crushed cookies. Carefully layer lemon filling. Place Cool Whip in a plastic bag and cut off corner. Pipe Cool Whip on top of pie filling. Add more cookies. Repeat layers, ending with Cool Whip. Top each with a dusting of cookies. Dip lemon slices in sugar, coating both sides. Garnish each parfait with a lemon slice. Chill about an hour before serving. *NOTE* If you can't find the lemon wafer cookies, vanilla wafers would work just as well.


No comments: