Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Bekki}
_____

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Bekki}

Happy Saturday! I hope this week treated you well, and you have a fun and/or relaxing weekend ahead of you. Today I'm welcoming a great EMM friend back into my kitchen to share yet another tasty recipe with all of us. So, grab a cup of coffee and see what Bekki has cooking...


I am married to my wonderful husband Josh, have a beautiful 12 year old step daughter Amy and 2 fur baby sweethearts Minnie and Shadow. I am a self taught baker/cook. I taught Wilton cake decorating for a while, worked in a grocery store bakery and have even spent time baking wedding/birthday cakes as a hobby on the side. My love for cooking has been since childhood. Spending time with my mother, aunts, and grandmothers. Aiding in their recipes or just being there for the conversation. Its always been a source of calm, peace, and ultimate fulfillment. The idea that you add your love to each recipe and share it with the people you care about is such an amazing blessing to me in more ways then I can ever put on paper. I have decided writing a cookbook was something I could do to share my love of food with family, friends, and whomever else comes my way. I hope your day is blessed with all your favorite things. 


With Mardi Gras just passing this is a tribute to one of my favorite dishes. Gumbo!!! But now that I have revamped my eating , it isn't always easy to just do away with the things we enjoy, So this file gumbo filled me heart and soul. Typically I use some kind of seafood (usually shrimp) in my gumbo recipes, but this time I didn't have what I wanted to add already in the fridge so I went with the next best thing! 

Bekki's Gumbo
Pkg. Chicken breasts 4-5, chopped
1 TB. Ground file
Salt to taste
1 TB. Granulated garlic
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 LB. Andouji sausage, chopped
2 C. Frozen cut Okra
6 C. Water

In s large pot add water, chicken, seasonings, celery, onions, and peppers. Cook until chicken is cooked through and veggies have softened. Add sausages, and okra. Cook until okra is to desired doneness. Check seasoning before serving, add additional if desired.



Pin It

No comments: