Everyday Mom's Meals: Neighbors and Peaches
_____

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Neighbors and Peaches

Last week our sweet neighbor lady came to us and said "if you guys want some peaches, help yourself to some off my tree." So, Max and Daddy walked next door and found this beautiful peach tree overflowing with big, juicy, ripe summer peaches. 

They came back with a huge bowl because they know how much mommy loves them. I would have been perfectly content to leave them on the counter and just snack on them, but they were so ripe they needed to be used quickly. So, I made peach cobbler, and it was delicious, but was gone so quickly I didn't get a chance to blog it. 

The next day I used some in a fruit salad that was raved about. Peaches. Strawberries. Blueberries. It was like summer in a bowl. 

That same night she told them to come pick more because there were still a ton! Well, they came home with another huge bowl full. I knew I needed to use some up so they didn't go bad, so I decided on peach crisp, but this time I would make sure I could share it with you!

Now, that peach cobbler was tasty, don't get me wrong, but this? This was UH-mazing! Like, I wanted to sit down with a spoon and finish off the whole dish myself. I am a sucker for a crumble topping, and this one was fantastic. 

One of the best things about this recipe is you don't have to peel the peaches! Sure, you can if you want, but the skin cooks down and is perfectly fine in the crisp. 

When I say I am not a huge baker, I'm not exaggerating. So you know if I can make this and have it turn out 100% scrumptious, anyone can! 

If you are a peach lover like me, this simple sweet treat will add a little something extra to your summer baking!

Peach Crisp

6-8 peaches, sliced (about 2.5 lbs)

1/4 cup white sugar

Juice of 1/2 lemon

1/2-1 tsp. cinnamon, depending on flavor

Pinch of salt

 Topping:

1 1/2 cup flour

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. cinnamon

1 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish In a large bowl combine peaches, white sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. In a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbles. Pour peaches into a 3 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for 50 minutes until bubbling. *NOTE* I  think it's easiest to use my hands to make the crumb topping.




No comments: