Everyday Mom's Meals: Tis' The Season
_____

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Tis' The Season

Goodbye turkey! Hello Santa! Yep, all the pumpkins are in the trash can and the house is now a paradise of lights and tinsel. 

Let me back up though. I hope you and yours had a very Happy Thanksgiving. Did you eat yourself into a food coma? Was every bite worth the wait? After so many being separate last year, I know the hugs from family gathered around the table meant so much more. 

I can't like though, by the time the turkey leftovers were in the fridge, I was itching to put up the Christmas tree. Oh, who am I kidding? I was ready to put it up November 1st, but refrained to make sure Thanksgiving got the attention it deserved; but by 6:00 Thursday night, my mom was helping me take down the fall decor and I was humming "It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas" in my head. 

What do you serve for your big Christmas meal? While I know most think of ham as being the most traditional, and what my family is having this year, I think Christmas brings out a little more creativity than Thanksgiving. Many families seem to have their own Christmas dinner traditions, and don't feel as adamant about what it should be like they do with turkey on Thanksgiving. 

If you are one of those who want to think outside of the ham box, have I got the recipe for you! This Crock Pot London Broil is holiday worthy, but SO easy on the cook! It is delicious alternative to ham or turkey for your Christmas dinner! 

I had never cooked the London Broil cut of meat before this, and wanted the help from my slow cooker for almost guaranteed success. Take a piece of meat and cook it all day in its own juices, plus some other ingredients for flavor, and it is almost 100% fool proof! 

Tender, filled with flavor, juicy...this has everything you want in a tasty beef roast. I know lots of people who do some sort of beef for Christmas, so when I made this for a Sunday supper last month, I instantly knew it would be perfect to share for Christmas inspiration.

I hope your holiday season is off to a merry, festive start! Grab some peppermint hot cocoa, find White Christmas on Netflix, sit by the tree and enjoy every single minute!


Crock Pot London Broil

3-4 lb. London broil beef roast

3 TBS vegetable oil

1 medium yellow onion, sliced

5 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 tsp. dried thyme

1/4 tsp. dried red pepper

2 dried bay leaves

1/4 cup butter, sliced

2 TBS Worcestershire sauce 

1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup

3 cups beef broth

Salt and Pepper

Pat roast dry with paper towels. Season well on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Brown roast on both sides for about 5 minutes. Spray Crock Pot with non stick spray. Lay sliced onions in bottom. Place roast on top of onions. In a medium bowl whisk together soup, beef broth, garlic, thyme and red pepper. Pour over meat. Top with sliced butter and bay leaves. Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours. Carve roast and serve with sauce spooned over top. Garnish with a little dried parsley if desired.

 

Shared at Weekend Potluck

No comments: