Everyday Mom's Meals: Hot Day Cool Treat
_____

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Hot Day Cool Treat

This past week, every morning when I turned on the news, one of the first stories was the extreme heat wave bearing down on the western part of the US. Death Valley was breaking records of 128 degrees. Now, I like it HOT. I enjoy the heat. But even I will admit, that is too much, and of course dangerous. 

After what was sometimes a chilly spring (remember the April snow) you will never hear me complaining about the heat. The humidity, maybe (here in Indiana, we like to say "It's not the heat, it's the humidity!), but summer is my favorite time. See, even though I am a hot person by nature, I say bring on the sun and warmth! I can always find some AC or a pool to jump in! 

There aren't many things that taste as great as a cold sweet treat on a hot summer day. There is a reason the ice cream and shaved Hawaiian ice trucks do so well this time of year! Cooling down with something that tastes great is a summer time must; and this copycat recipe is one people have been enjoying for years at The Happiest Place on Earth!

If you have ever been do Disneyland or Disney World, you know all too well that phenomenon that is Dole Whip.  Heck even those who haven't been to the parks know exactly what it is. A soft serve, pineapple ice cream that screams tropical paradise! You can even pour extra pineapple juice down over the top for a float that deserves a little umbrella and beach chair! 

With the help of your blender, you can whip up a batch of Copycat Dole Whip in no time! Spoon it into bowls, or use a pastry/plastic bag to pipe it with the famous whip everyone knows and loves! 

Watch the kids run inside from the sprinkler or pool to grab a spoon and dig in! Summer times memories are made when hot days meet cool treats!

 Copycat Dole Whip

2 cups frozen pineapple 

3/4 c. vanilla bean ice cream

1/2 c. pineapple juice 

2 TBS sugar

Splash of lemon juice

Pinch of Salt 

Place all ingredients in blender, in order listed. Blend well, stirring a few times to make sure large chunk are incorporated. Place in bowl and freeze 10 minutes. Spoon into serving dishes and serve immediately. Or freeze 20 more minutes to set a little more. 

Shared at Weekend Potluck




1 comment:

Baca said...

I'm excited to give this a try. A few years back, I blamed fresh pineapple for making me sick. Long story short, it wasn't the pineapple, it was a gall bladder attack! Since then, I've shyed away from pineapple. It took me two years to even think of eating pineapple again! But here I am acing it and enjoying what I've been missing. I'm good to go, so I'm going to make this and I know I'm going to enjoy it. Thanks for posting !