Everyday Mom's Meals: The Easiest EVER
_____

Sunday, October 13, 2019

The Easiest EVER

I have a lot of pasta recipes. A. LOT. I've told you before how we say Adam must have lived in Asia in his past life due to his love of their cuisine. If that's true, than I must have been residing in Rome, Venice and Tuscany in all of my past incarnations.

For the most part, the majority of my pasta dishes are baked in the oven. But every once in a while a terrific one will come to be for my slow cooker. Let's see, there is my Crock Pot Creamy Spaghetti, Slow Cooker Bolognese, Crock Pot Marinara and now this simple classic sauce too!

If you're looking for a classic tomato sauce, with just a little meat for your next spaghetti supper, this is it. The best part? You can turn it on in the morning, come home, boil some pasta and dinner is done. Okay, maybe cook some tasty garlic bread too!

I made it with ground beef because that's what I've got in the freezer, but it would be equally tasty with some Italian sausage. I will freely admit, I am not a huge red sauce fan, but this? I couldn't get enough. I had seconds the night I made it, and enjoyed the leftovers all week. We all did!

Save this one for an extra busy day when you know you'll be too exhausted to put much effort into dinner when you get home. You won't regret it!

Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb. ground beef
 1 medium white onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
4 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
2 TBS sugar 
2 c. water
2 cubes beef bouillon
1 TBS Italian seasoning
 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. dried parsley, extra for garnish
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flake
Salt and Pepper 

Lightly grease slow cooker. In a large skillet brown beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Add to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Cook on LOW for 6 hours. Reduce heat to warm until serving. Stir well.


Shared at Weekend Potluck
Shared at Meal Plan Monday

No comments: