Everyday Mom's Meals: A Blogger's Craving
_____

Friday, January 3, 2014

A Blogger's Craving

Well, it's January 3rd people. It's all over for another year. If you're like me and this time of the year is a little depressing, believe me, I know how you feel. For a couple weeks post holidays I'm always in a little bit of a funk. I can't help it. I feel like there is nothing to look forward to. Which, I yes I know, is completely ridiculous, but with the dark cold days, my mood isn't always the best. However, it's a new year, and we had a fantastic Christmas, so I'm going to look on the bright side and be happy this is my first post of 2014, and it's a great one!

Many times on this blog, you read that recipes hit our table because of requests from everyone from my husband, to my son, to my dad, to my mom! But today, I've got a dish for you that is all about me! This meal came to be because of one simple thing. I was craving artichokes and needed to find way to include them in a meal to satisfy said craving.

If you love artichokes too, this dish is for you. If you love mushrooms, this dish is for you. If you love pasta in cream sauce, this dish is for you. If you love chicken...well, you get the picture. This is one of those dinners you're family will be so impressed with (heck, it's even nice enough to entertain with) but truly isn't that hard at all. It can feed a crowd too, which is a great way to make not so cheap ingredients like chicken and artichokes stretch a little farther.

My cravings don't always get the same attention as my loved ones; and that is okay with me. It's my job to makes sure their stomachs are full, and taste buds are satisfied. But sometimes a girl just has to treat herself, and listen to her inner foodie too. Especially when a little bit of seasonal depression has set in, and food is one of the few comforting things around!

Chicken, Artichoke and Mushroom Egg Noodles
1. 5 lbs. chicken tenders, cut into large chunks
4 TBS olive oil, divided
1 lb. egg noodles
8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained well and chopped
2 c. heavy cream
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 TBS butter, divided
1 TBS flour
4 TBS dried parsley, divided
2 tsp. dried thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 TBS olive oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove and wipe out skillet if necessary. Add 2 TBS olive oil and bring back up to heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook until mushrooms are brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add artichokes and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add 1 TBS butter. Allow to melt. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute. Add Add cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer about 10 minutes until slightly thickened. (Should coat the back of a spoon.) Add thyme and 2 TBS parsley. Return chicken to pan and stir to combine. Keep warm. When noodles are cooked, drain well and return to hot pot. Add 3 TBS butter, 2 TBS parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well. To serve top noodles with chicken sauce and garnish with more parsley if desired.



Artichokes at Very Good Recipes

No comments: