Everyday Mom's Meals: Pasta #12494837
_____

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pasta #12494837

When I first mentioned on Facebook that I was making yet another baked ziti recipe, I referred to it being the "umpteenth" one. It's true. I have a ton of different baked pasta dishes I enjoy preparing, and each one, while maybe only 1 or 2 things vary, is different. It's like my closet full of clothes- whatever my mood, I can find just the right fit. This one I tried when we were hosting some friends for our annual Christmas celebration/dinner party. The kids open presents and play w/ new toys, the adults watch football, share stories, laugh at the silly boys, and all of us enjoy a good meal together. This is probably my favorite ziti I have made thus far. The flavors really developed well, the sauce wasn't over powering, and the texture was exactly what I look for in a pasta dish. It's a great recipe to entertain with too. It makes a ton and can easily be reheated if the occasion calls for it. I'm so thankful we were able to make holiday memories w/ our treasured friends once again, and I'm ready to find pasta #12494838.....

Baked Ziti
1 lb. ziti, cooked to al dente
1 jar spaghetti sauce
16 oz. ricotta cheese
8 oz. mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp oregano, plus extra for garnish
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
6 TBS shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan and add enough sauce to cover bottom. Once pasta is cooked, drain well and return to pot. Add remaining sauce, ricotta and mozzarella. To the beaten egg, add oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well. (I find adding the spices to the egg really gets them distributed throughout the entire dish) Add egg to pasta mixture and stir well to combine. Pour into baking dish, top w/ Parmesan, and sprinkle w/ extra oregano. Cover w/ foil and bake for 45-55 minutes until cheese is bubbly.


Shared on It's A Keeper Jan. 12, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Jan. 12, 2012 
Shared on A Crafty Cook Jan. 13, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook Jan. 13, 2012 
Shared on Home Savvy Jan. 16, 2012 
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Jan. 16, 2012 
Shared on Flour Me With Love Jan. 16, 2012
Pasta at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

9 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa's Dinnertime Dish said...

This sounds yummy, Krista! I love dishes like this for entertaing. You can never go wrong with pasta!!

Sprigs of Rosemary said...

Ain't it grand how pasta is an empty canvas! This pasta looks just great. I'll make this tonight. Your tip about adding seasoning to the beaten egg is pure genius. Thanks!

Krista said...

Thanks, Rosemary! Let me know how you like it! Enjoy :)

ealldredge5 said...

I've never made Ziti before, but I've thought about. This recipe looks so easy I just might try to make it after. If you get the chance I'd love for you to link this (and anything else yould like) at my monthly link party. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/01/1-month-of-fun-january-link-up.html

Miz Helen said...

Hi Krista,
I just love Baked Ziti and your recipe looks very delicious. Sure wish I could have some right now. Thank you so much for sharing with our 1st Anniversary Party at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

Krista, I loved baked ziti but I have never made it myself, will have to give this a try!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Baked Ziti is a favorite of mine! It looks delicious, thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday, I hope to see you again next week :)

Heather said...

I am always up for a new pasta recipe! My kids will eat anything with noodles and cheese.=) bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good. Similar to a WW baked ziti. I will have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing such good info.