Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Kristi}
_____

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Kristi}

I hope 2012 is treating you very well, thus far! It's been another busy week for the Marshall household w/ Alex going back to school and me trying to get this house back in order after the "holiday hurricane."
Today's guest is a fellow blogger I was lucky enough to meet through Facebook and I'm always excited to see what yummy dish she is cooking! Today she is sharing something w/ us that I've never made before, but have wanted to get a recipe for; and this one has an added bonus of being prepared in the Crock Pot. (A mom's best friend!) So please welcome Kristi to EMM, and thank you for being my first weekend guest of the new year!



Hi everyone!  My name is Kristi and I live in central Illinois.  I’ve been married to my wonderful husband Danny for 7 years.  We have a 17-month old daughter Madelyn and are expecting our second child in May of 2012!  I was a teacher for fifteen years and am now a stay-at-home mom!  I started my blog Kristi’s Recipe Box in August of this year.  I have been cooking and trying new recipes for the past ten years.  Recently, I had wanted to find a way to share my favorite recipes with friends and family.  A blog seemed like the perfect place.  It has truly been a wonderful and fulfilling experience.  More than just sharing recipes with my friends and family, I have met some amazing folks through other blogs!  I want to thank Everyday Mom’s Meals for allowing me to share a favorite recipe with you today!


The recipe I’m going to share with you today is one that I received at my bridal shower in 2004.  The first time I made this I accidentally used black beans instead of the ranch style beans that it calls for, but it was so delicious that I never went back to the original recipe.  This is my favorite soup and not only because it's so delicious!!  It's also a cinch to make!!!  I make this throughout the fall and winter and many years on Christmas Eve!  It really has become a favorite in our family!  Serve with shredded cheese (I like the Mexican blend!), sour cream, and tortilla chips!!!  I get lots of requests for this recipe!  Hope you will check out my other recipes at www.kristisrecipebox.blogspot.com.


Crockpot Tortilla Soup
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 small cans Ro-Tel (I use the Original flavor.)
1 can black beans, (*drained and rinsed*)
1 can corn
2 cans chicken broth

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add  Ro-Tel, black beans, corn, and chicken broth.  Cover and cook on Low for 10-12 hours or on High for 6 hours.  Shred chicken and return to crockpot!  Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips!!




Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds great!

Colleen said...

Hi Kristi! Thanks for stopping by today! :)

This soup sounds so good! I've never had anything like this before but I can't wait to give it a go. Thanks!!